Changing Parent/Guardian Roles
updated about 2 months ago
There are three types of roles inside Kidmin:
- Guardian/Parent: Access to mobile app (only needed if church enables express checkin). At minimum must provide name & phone number (also email if using mobile app).
- Volunteer: Access to desk check-in & Kiosk mode on computer, and access to mobile app (allows paging and checking out children). At minimum must provide name, phone number, and email.
- Admin: Access to full system (per plan). The person who signed the church up is automatically admin, and any volunteer they select to be in an admin role.
Only admin can change someone's role in the database. Here's how to do it:
- Go to your "Admin Dashboard."
- On the left hand sidebar, click on "Database."
- Click on "Guardians."
- Select the person whose role you wish to change.
- From the popup select the green "Edit Guardian" button.
- Near the bottom of their profile is a blue dropdown menu that controls that person's role. (Be sure to click save when finished.)
If the person is a guardian, you can only change their role to be a volunteer. Note: When you change someone's role to a volunteer, they will then get an email asking them to finish creating their account. They will not show up as a volunteer until they do this. They can then use their account to login to KidMin App (both the website and the mobile app).
If the person is a volunteer, you can change their role to admin or back to guardian. Changing someone back to guardian will take them off the volunteer list under settings. They will still be in the database and searchable for child checkins.
Note: DELETING a volunteer or REMOVING a guardian completely removes them and any children registered to them from the database.